Sabado, Enero 12, 2013

The Beginning

This is it! I am officially starting my blog. A life of a working mom just has too many wonderful, painful, unforgettable and even priceless moments to learn from. A lot of people say that being a full-time mom is a career in itself. Maybe one day I can be one. But for now -- I am a working mom -- and I am mighty proud of it! I balance work, being a wife and motherhood one day at a time.

On days I can, I commit to post whatever learnings I have on my experience as a working mom so that people like me can learn from them and hopefully help them in their pursuit of such a challenging career. (Yes! It is a career in itself.)

My interest in creating a blog started when I was preparing for my son Gavin's 3rd birthday party. I got a lot of help from mothers who created posts on blog sites about their experience in planning, sourcing for suppliers and creative ideas to make their kids' birthday party a memorable one. On a different post, I will start sharing about this and hopefully it can help others, too.

What else can be covered here? Let's see....Maybe I can get some tips from working moms who have have somehow managed to find time to keep themselves healthy and fit. Ugh! It is a challenge for me. An advice or two from those who will be interested enough to read this will help a lot. (thank you in advance).

Lastly, I started writing because for someone practicing Psychology (or at least trying to..) I know I need an outlet once in a while. I don't go out much with friends. I work 48 hours a week (mostly more actually) and spend my free time with my kids. Hooray for me coz I finally started something I thought I didn't have enough time to do. This is my ME time and I hope it makes a difference to you and me.

Lesson from Reality: To start and sustain a commitment, discipline is required. Never say it cannot be done until we've tried.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento